Street Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evening Stroll

2 posters

Go down

Evening Stroll Empty Evening Stroll

Post  Ananti Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:47 pm

The sun was setting as Ananti clomped her way down the street. She had reached the end of the paved roads before finally reaching the shrine. Her large drooped ears could pick up the cattle inside mingling amongst each other, but she didn't dare try to speak back. She knew they would try to make her stay in there, stuck within four walls forever. Or until the trucks came. On her back, nestled behind her hump was a large mound of feathers. A head lifted above to peer at her head.

"We stroll by this god-forsaken place every day, what's the point bovine?" Ananti only snorted in reply and kept walking until she reached the end of the gigantic wall separating the shrine from the rest of the world. A small vacant lot sitting between the shrine and the building next door was empty without even a human passing through.

"Dinner, that's the point." She smirked and began happily grazing on the dust covered grass. The bird, a greater adjutant, rolled his large eyes and hopped to the ground.

"If there isn't anything good in here, so help me..." He began pacing through the grass, looking for a toad or mouse. Ananti smirked and continued to feast, her tail flicking away insects.

Ananti
Admin

https://streetgods.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Evening Stroll Empty Re: Evening Stroll

Post  Jhansi Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:44 am

Jhansi strolled lazily down the street, keeping an eye out for a place to graze. She had only entered the city that morning, and had wandered without food for most of the day. "I do believe I'm starving!" she exclaimed.
"You always do this," Andrei moaned, walking under her for protection. "You make us go, go, go 'til you complain of hunger. Why you cannot be smart like Andrei, eh? You see? I eat as I go. Simple."
"Oh quiet, you old tortoise," Jhansi rolled her eyes. "We'll find a place sooner or later. I think I see a shrine up ahead, so long as my good eye's not deceiving me."
"They'll have food!" Chiti squeaked, holding tightly to Jhansi's horns. "Foooood!"
Jhansi laughed. "Yes, food little 'un. But shhhh, we can't get caught, y'here? Gotta be quiet."
Chiti clapped her mouth shut as they approached and nodded. Andrei groaned and mumbled to himself.
When they were still several feet away, Chiti took off like a bolt of lightning. "Chiti?" Jhansi called, startled. "What is that squirrel up to now..."
"It does not matter," Andrei snapped. "Maybe we are finally rid of her. Good, yes?"
"Don't talk like that," Jhansi retorted, picking up the pace to catch up with Chiti. Andrei snapped the fluff at the end of Jhansi's tail at the last moment to keep from being left behind, and dangled in the air behind her. "You better have a good grip because I'm not turning back for you," Jhansi grumbled.

Chiti came to an abrupt stop, flattening her body against the ground as she watched another bovine and a rather large bird conversing. "Cow!" she whispered, and instantly darted for her. Chiti flew off the ground and latched on to the cow's tail, laughing. "Hello!" she exclaimed.

Jhansi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ananti Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Ananti jumped at the sudden grabbing of her tail and bucked out of impulse.

"Great Aditi!" The moo'ed, turning her large head to the side to examine the thing that attacked her back end. Mohan tilted his head in amusement, holding back a good laugh.

"You mammals never cease to amuse me." He paced a bit closer. "What is this? A giant rat?"

Ananti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhansi Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:31 pm

"Weeee~!" Chiti exclaimed, scurrying up the bovine's back-end and perching on her hump. "That was fun!" With a glint in her eye, she took notice of the large bird only several feet away. "I'm no rat," she squeaked in distaste at the accusation. "I'm a Giant Squirrel!" Chiti flexed slightly with pride as she announced her species.
"Chiti!" Jhansi called in hushed tones as she slowed her run towards the other bovine. "Oh dear, dear... So sorry, young one! Rodents have no manners..."
"I keep telling you this," Andrei muttered, spitting out Jhansi's tail and landing heavily on the ground below, "but does anyone listen to Andrei? I tell you, no. Never listen to the tortoise. Mammals..." Andrei scuttled forwards, standing just in front of Jhansi, who rolled her eyes. "Mammals have no manners," he retorted, his face turning slightly in disgust. "You can have her, if you'd like."

Jhansi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ananti Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:18 am

Mohan smirked "Squirrel, rat, close enough for me. And if you were a few hands smaller you could be lunch." He clicked his beak in playful evil.

"Mohan!" Ananti shot Mohan a glare. "He's... Eccentric." Her large ears flipped back at the sound of approaching hooves, it was another street cow. She smiled at the older stranger. "No trouble at all." Mohan grunted, eyeing the tortoise who just scuffled into the commotion.

"I don't think we would have any use of an oversized rat, let alone another mammal."

Ananti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhansi Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Chiti puffed up her cheeks in irritation, but before she could retort at the large bird, Jhansi gently snatched her up by the scruff of her neck. "Shorry again," she repeated, placing Chiti back on the ground. "My companions have no manners! I'm Jhansi, young one. That bitter old tortoise is Andrei if you haven't guessed by now, and the lil' 'un is Chiti. Would you mind if we joined you? I haven't eaten all day!"
"It was worth a shot," Andrei huffed.

Jhansi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum